The lowdown on the rundown … I’m typing this at 10:18 p.m. of race day because I don’t want to forget any key components from my Eugene Marathon race!
First, the lowlights — There were not many, but still a few:
- Not reaching my main race goal of sub-4 hours.
- Completely unraveling from roughly mile 24-26.2.
And, the highlights:
- Earning a 4-minute PR! (Final time of 4:01:18).
- Feeling strong for most of the race! (Like I said, up until the end).
- Running into a few of my Oiselle teammates and running together!
- My friend, Mo, hopping in and keeping me company from mile 13-16.
- Seeing my parents and Bryce cheering for me five times throughout the course.
- Feeling overall good and proud about my race!
I’ll give you all the full scoop in my race recap (you know, bathroom incidents and all!) Marathon #7 is in the books! Yes, it was disappointing to miss sub 4-hours by a mere 1 minute and 19 seconds but, I’m surprisingly taking it well since the last two miles or so were such a struggle that I almost felt like walking and didn’t even think I would PR!
It’s not over until it’s over.
Good race and good night!